The UC Irvine Health Sciences Education Team teaches evidence-based healthcare literature research classes and workshops at the Ayala Science Library and Grunigen Medical Library.
The team does the following:
- Teaches course-integrated critical skills for evidence-based literature research classes.
- Offers a variety of health sciences instructional workshops at GML
- Collaborates with faculty to develop course-integrated instruction in health sciences and evidence-based literature research.
- Develops health sciences and evidence-based literature research training workshops for UCI faculty, staff, and students.
Evidence-Based Course - Integrated Instruction
- Clinical Foundations I: Library Instruction on Evidence-Based Medicine
- Clinical foundations II: How to Prepare the Perfect CPC
- Family Medicine Clerkship: EBM Literature Critical Analysis
- Pediatrics Clerkship: EBM Literature Critical Analysis
- Evidence-Based Neonatology
Health Sciences Workshops
EBM Tutorial and Resource Tools:
- Evidence-Based Practice Tutorial: An Interactive Case Scenario
- Explanation of the NEW PubMed interface from the University of Manitoba Health Sciences Libraries.
- The NLM EBM PICO Search Engine
- Ten Ways to Improve Your PubMed Search